Saturday, September 12, 2009

September 11, 2001

I was at work as a Juvenile Corrections Officer, being a role model and an example to follow. I turn on the TV so that they can get a whiff of current events, and I turn the channel to the news. I was shocked and stunned.

The WTC was billowing smoke, and word a plane crashed into it. I left the news on and watched...

Eventually the truth of the attacks was released. I was angry, but who wouldn't be?

I am currently in the United States Air Force, and in all truth, that was one of the main reasons. I joined because I wanted to play a part in supporting my country and defending it. True, the events already had played out, but the fact is, I joined while our conflict against terrorism still remains.

I am saddened by the losses created by this event, and I mean all the losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment